Luxe Bakery & Campos Coffee, Newtown

Hai! The other day, I was in Newtown with Po, cause I had some unused cinema tickets which I bought online for $9 bucks each, and I thought, hey, what a bargain --- until I realised it was only for selected cinemas only...dang. But good things do come with your mistakes, as I got a chance to explore Newtown once every so often with Po.



My latest conquest when in Newtown was buying three books for a total of $12! :D Talk about bargain~ The shop keeper gave me My Sister's Keeper for free cos I saw a rip in one of the pages, a little one too. So I was ecstatic for the rest of the day. And I got Po into reading too, although our book choices are very, very different. Win~ :D

Anyway, Newtown is the home of all sorts of quirky and vintage-y things. There's an assortment of op-shops with the strangest fashions all the way from the 70s and 80s. And most importantly, the food. There are so many food places in Newtown...and on that particular day, I visited Campos Coffee and Luxe Bakery upon Po's request.


 Campos is famous for its coffees, with the status of true connoisseurs of the beans in its quaint location. The place is almost always bustling with people, waiting in queue for their morning coffees. The service was nice and very quick.

One camps coffee, with two sugars - $3.60


The top design matches that of its icon~ hmm, I didn't think it'd be that great because honestly, how good can a coffee possibly get? But Campos just does it so well that I might just convert to a caffeine addict like Po.


Conveniently, next door awaits Luxe Bakery; a small, cosy, down to earth restaurant/bakery with great ambiance and ridiculously friendly staff. I reckon one of them looks like Nikita.


Menus are scribbled onto the board in a typical oldschool fashion and the breakfast menu stretches to 3pm. :D

 House cured trout with hash, poached egg and truffle oil $16

I've shared my love of poached eggs before, the way the golden liquid just floods its way into the toasted sourdough bread oozing with goodness. The hash and melt-in-your-mouth trout complimented each other well with the addition of rockets. A dish well done~ I'd go back to Newtown just for this dish. mmm~

 NY style pastrami on rye sambo with house pickle on the side $15

Thick ham like slices lay sandwiched between beautifully soft bread with a more than crunchy crust slathered with honey mustard, and garnished with a massive pickle. I loved the pickle. :D

 Linzer Torte - $5

 Inside the bakery, there is an open selection of pastries and sandwiches you can choose from. Po chose this one which turned out to be a bit dry - what a shame.

Allure - $3.50

 I had this drink when I was at the Masterchef Live event, and never saw it again until now. Best drink~ Combines the freshness of aloe vera with the summer scent of mangoes and sweet flair of mangosteen.


Campos Coffee
193 Missenden Rd, Newtown, 2042

Luxe Bakery
195 Missenden Rd, Newtown, 2042

2 comments:

  1. I am regular visitor of your site and i appreciate all your posts and these Bakery food is just gorgeous and Campos is famous for its coffees...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! :D Your comment is much appreciated :D

      Delete

 

About

Australian Food Bloggers RingList Random Join
Site Ring from Bravenet